‘Tis the Season to Care For Yourself!
Many of us love the holidays, but when you get past the expected special moments, there is a lot more demand.
- Holiday feasts – are you doing the cooking?
- Holiday parties – are you hosting, or organizing the event?
- Holiday giving – is it your job to do all the shopping? And the wrapping?
- Holiday cards – are you the one who writes the letter or signs and addresses the cards?
- And then there’s cleaning the house, hosting houseguests ….
I don’t know about you, but I’m tired just reading this!
What a difference it would make if you came into this holiday season with a plan to focus on nourishing yourself for the tasks at hand. And by nourishing yourself, I’m not speaking of what you eat.
We women – and men, too – need to nourish our minds, our spirits, our innermost beings. That’s where self-care comes in. Self-care is defined as any activity we do deliberately in order to take care of our mental, emotional, and physical health.
Can you see how important this must be … and how much it encompasses?